Our Fingerprint Background Checks are performed with the FBI and State.
- Investigative or intelligence information, reports of crime or other information concerning specific persons collected in the course of the enforcement of criminal laws.
- Information concerning juveniles.
- Posters, announcements or lists intended to identify fugitives or wanted persons and aid in their apprehension.
- Original records of entry maintained by agencies of criminal justice if the records are chronological and not cross-indexed in any other way.
- Records of application for and issuance, suspension, revocation or renewal of occupational licenses, including permits to work in the gaming industry.
- Court indices and records of public judicial proceedings, court decisions and opinions, and information disclosed during public judicial proceedings.
- Records of traffic violations constituting misdemeanors.
- Records of traffic offenses maintained by the department of to regulate the issuance, suspension, revocation or renewal of drivers’ or other operators’ licenses.
- Announcements of actions by the state board of pardons commissioners and the state board of parole commissioners, except information concerning the status of an offender on parole or probation.
- Records which originated in an agency other than an agency of criminal justice in this state.
FACT: Basic name with Date of Birth background checks are not accurate.
An employer, individual or organization should require a fingerprint background check by means of fingerprints because fingerprints do not change… Names can be changed. Don’t fall victim to another’s rap sheet coming up on your background check. Request an accurate Fingerprint Background Check!
FBI Standard FD258 Fingerprint Cards are in stock at Fingerprinting Express.
An FBI Identification Record—often referred to as a criminal history record or a “rap sheet”—is a listing of certain information taken from fingerprint submissions retained by the FBI in connection with arrests and, in some instances, federal employment, naturalization, or military service. The process of responding to an Identification Record request is generally known as a criminal background check.
The U.S. Department of Justice Order 556-73 establishes rules and regulations for
the subject of an FBI Identification Record to obtain a copy of his or her own
record for review. The FBI’s Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS)
Division processes these requests.
Fingerprinting Express is a licensed fingerprint collection site and will assist you with this process.
Fingerprint Background Checks for Employment or Licensing
If you are requesting a background check for employment or licensing within the U.S.,
you may come into Fingerprinting Express for convenient background check service.
Submitting manual fingerprint cards to the State and FBI for criminal background checks may take 8-24 weeks to process and receive the results. Electronic filing for fingerprint background check results are much faster at 5-30 days. Electronic submissions must have a FREE Civil Account established with the State of Nevada Department of Public Safety. The application for the DPS Civil Account can be found here: http://nvrepository.state.nv.us/Fingerprint/forms/2011%20Civil%20App%20and%20checklist.pdf
Who May Request a Copy of a Record (or Proof That a Record Does Not Exist)
Only you can request a copy of your own Identification Record.
Individuals typically make this request for personal review, to challenge the information
on record, to satisfy a requirement for adopting a child in the U.S. or internationally, or to satisfy a requirement to live, work, or travel in a foreign country (i.e., police certificate, letter of good conduct, criminal history background, etc.).
A record of criminal history does not include:
Who pays for a background check if my employer requires that a record check? There is nothing in statute governing this question. It is up to the employer. Currently it varies from employer to employer.